On 28-May-08, at 9:49 PM, Gary Herron wrote:

Dave Challis wrote:
Hi,
Just wondering if there's a way to iterate through all variables which
an object has set?

Specifically, I'm using the OptionParser module, which returns an
options object, containing all command line options as object variables.
I'd like to iterate over these rather than getting at them by name.

Cheers,
Dave

For this object (and many others), you can get at the attributes with the vars(...) builtin.
It returns a dictionary of attribute names and values.

Also dir(object) will get you the list of attributes of that object.

-srp

Gary Herron