[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
Hi All,

I am working on a revised edition of How To Think Like a Computer
Scientist,
which is going to be called Think Python.  It will be published by
Cambridge
University Press, but there will still be a free version under the GNU
FDL.

You can see the latest version at thinkpython.com; I am revising now,
so
I welcome all comments, suggestions, corrections, etc.

Anyway, I am posting to ask about the current status of new style
classes.
I am planning to present only one style in the book, because the
differences
between them don't matter for anything I am doing in the book.

The current edition of the book presents old style classes.  I am
considering
switching to new style classes on the assumption that this should be
the default
choice for new programs.  The drawback is that a lot of the online
documentation
still uses old style classes.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Same remarks as anyone else that answered so far: definitively use new-style classes, and just add a note about the old-style syntax.