On 2008-05-30 22:37, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
On 2008-05-30 17:41, Peter Otten wrote:
Josep wrote:

I'm playing with an application framework (or kinda) that's developed
with python, and it throws this error:

File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Dabo-0.8.3-py2.5.egg/dabo/db/dCursorMixin.py",
line 281, in execute
    sql = unicode(sql, self.Encoding)
LookupError: unknown encoding: utf_8_euro
At the application (DABO) mailing list, they have pointed that this has
to be a Python issue. As I'm a totally python newbie, I would ask if
somebody has experimented this kind of error, and if there is any known
solution. I've found no clue searching at Google right now.

My Python version is 2.5.2, Ubuntu Hardy .deb package.

Python might get confused by an @EURO suffix in the locale:

Right, that's what's happening.

The locale module uses a locale aliasing table that help map environment
locale settings to C local names.

That table was last updated in 2004 and since then a lot more
locale variable strings have made their way into the Linux
distros.

I guess we need to update the table...

I've opened ticket http://bugs.python.org/issue3011 for this.

$ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
$ python -c"import locale; print locale.getdefaultlocale()"
('de_DE', 'utf_8_euro')

Try setting the LANG environment variable to something like

$ LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
$ python -c"import locale; print locale.getdefaultlocale()"
('de_DE', 'UTF8')

before you run your program (use ca_ES or whatever you need instead of
de_DE).

Peter

Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 30 2008)