En Fri, 20 Jun 2008 04:37:32 -0300, Roopesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

I am using poplib's retr() to fetch mails from my gmail account. It
works fine, in some cases it gets stuck inside the retr() method and
does not come out.

Probably the server stopped responding. By default, sockets have no timeout value set - that is, a recv() call may block forever. Try using socket.setdefaulttimeout <http://docs.python.org/lib/module-socket.html> before creating the connection, or search this group for past responses to this same problem.

--
Gabriel Genellina