Tim Rowe wrote:
I have Python 2.5 working just fine on my system.

I've tried downloading and installing the MS Windows Python
extensions, but can't get pythonw.exe (that's the windows executable,
right?) to do anything. I double-click it, nothing happens. I run it
from a command prompt, it just returns me to the command prompt.

Ummm. That's the Python interpreter but without a window so
(unhelpfully, from your point of view) it's doing exactly the
right thing.

I assume you were trying to run the PythonWin Python
interpreter and dev env? On my system, that's:

C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\Pythonwin.exe

HTH

TJG