Hi,

I need to parse xml files for the Blender Game Engine. ATM I am trying
to get this script running in the BGE. This is my first script and I
dont have much experience programming...

import xml.sax

class PnmlHandler(xml.sax.ContentHandler):
    def __init__(self):
        self.inPlace=0

    def startElement(self, name, attrs):
        if name != "place": return
        if attrs.getLength()==0: return

        print 'Starting element:', name
        print "attrs:", attrs.keys()
        id = attrs.get("id", None)
        print "id:", id

        if name == "place":
            self.inPlace=1

    def endElement(self, name):
        if name == "place":
            self.inPlace=0

parser = xml.sax.make_parser()
parser.setContentHandler(PnmlHandler())
parser.parse(open("bpm.pnml","r"))

this works in the IDLE ide. Output:

Starting element: place
attrs: [u'id']
id: p9723441
Starting element: place
attrs: [u'id']
id: p26811937
Starting element: place
attrs: [u'id']
id: p24278422[/code]

but when I copy the script into blender and run it I get:

[code]Compiled with Python version 2.5.
Checking for installed Python... got it!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Text", line 27, in <module>
  File "H:\Python25\lib\xml\sax\__init__.py", line 93, in make_parser
    raise SAXReaderNotAvailable("No parsers found", None)
xml.sax._exceptions.SAXReaderNotAvailable: No parsers found[/code]

Its probably a stupid question but thanks anyway!