Brian Quinlan wrote:
Most application logic in Komodo is implemented in Python, using the PyXPCOM bindings. The UI is implemented using XUL and JavaScript. The editor is Scintilla (C++).

../Komodo Edit.app/Contents/MacOS % find . -name "*.py" | xargs wc
126392  456858 4949602 total

This doesn't include the python code in the Python libraries themselves.

An interesting breakdown here:
  http://www.ohloh.net/projects/10861/analyses/latest

happybrowndog wrote:
> Is that why Komodo is so damned slow????

Probably not, no. Pinpointing the reasons for slowness is often a lot more complicated. Particular slow points in any app/module -- especially pathologically slow things -- are more often algoritmic than a function of the language used. Komodo's use of Python is perhaps partially responsible for a slower startup time than might otherwise be possible -- but otherwise my experience in Komodo perf work has been algorithmic issues. Also, if Komodo hadn't been using Python for application logic since day one we probably wouldn't be much further than Notepad right now. :)

Cheers,
Trent (komodo developer)

--
Trent Mick