korean_dave wrote:
What does this operator do? Specifically in this context

test.log( "[[Log level %d: %s]]" % ( level, msg ), description )

(Tried googling and searching, but the "%" gets interpreted as an
operation and distorts the search results)

Having seen a number of comments like this over the years (about the difficulty of searching for symbol meanings), I just started, last night, a symbol index listing nearly all Python syntax uses of non-alpha-or-digit ascii symbols. When I finish and upload it somewhere, I will post an announcement with the link.

tjr