[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi - I am very new to python. I get this random core dump and am
looking for a good way to catch the error. I know the function my core
dump occurs. Is there any error catching/handling that I could use in
python?

When posting such questions, please supply Python version, system info, and usually code.

If you wrote a function in Python that seg faulted, congratulations, its hard (but not impossible) to do ;-). Post it.

If you (or someone else) wrote a C function that seg faulted while calling the Python api, well that is much easier. Post it or bug the author.

If you (or someone else) wrote a C function that seg faulted in normal C code, well that's easy. Most likely a bad pointer.

tjr