[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thanks, Fredrik - that definitely works.  Now to get a little greedy -
is there something along those lines that is a bit more secure (i.e.
allows HTTPS, possibly with authentication)?  Basically something that
you would feel more comfortable opening up to the Internet..

open up to whom? I'm not sure I like the combination of "windows app" and "opened up to the internet", really...

but assuming that you're aware of the issues involved, and want a light-weight HTTP server for Windows, this one's pretty nice:

    http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/

there's also apache, of course, and a bunch of others, including several Python solutions (more or less pre-packaged). but the "open up" part still sounds a bit risky. maybe you could turn things around, and let the application "push" data to your server instead?

</F>