Ben Sizer wrote:

In theory, yeah. In practice, if his compiler was somehow not
respecting that, then a quicker fix is to enclose the #include than to
do individual prototypes. Admittedly that might obscure the problem
rather than solve it.

Well, I'd say that the should in

  You should put the extern block around the #include <python.h> call
  rather than individual functions, as surely the C calling convention
  should apply to everything within.

makes it look way too much like "this is how you should use python.h" to be appropriate, given the earlier discussions in the thread, and that a casual inspection of the include files reveals that the included files contain exactly that thing.

C compilers can be pretty stupid, indeed, but it's usually better to look for a solution that makes some sense (e.g. the wrong project settings) before blaming it all on deeper magic (it will look at this code if I put it here, but not if I put it there. hmm. must be a ley line over there. what if I add a comment?).

</F>