Kay Schluehr wrote:
On 25 Jul., 03:01, Terry Reedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Inserting self into the arg list is trivial.  Mindlessly deciding
correctly whether or not to insert 'self.' before 'a' is impossible when
'a' could ambiguously be either an attribute of self or a local variable
of f.  Or do you and/or Jordan plan to abolish local variables for methods?

tjr

This isn't the problem Jordan tries to address. It's really just about
`self` in the argument signature of f, not about its omission in the
body.

That is not at all how I read him, so I will let him respond if he wishes. The main problem moving a function from module scope to class scope is prefixing the proper variables. Adding a param name, whether 'self', 's', 'this', or whatever, is trivial and hardly worth the ink.