On Jul 26, 7:23 pm, "Marcus.CM"

> 1. python should hardcode the keyword "self". So whenever this keyword
> is used, it would automatically implied that it is
> referring to a class scope variable. This would be similar to how the
> "this" keyword is used in C++.
>
> 2. Omit self from the parameter.

That might make sense if you're starting from scratch on a new
language, but it is not compatible with Python as it is currently
stands. Yes, it could have been put into 3.0, but it's way too late
now for a change that drastic.

Beyond that, I don't like the idea of being forced to use "self" in
every case. Yes, C++ and Java standardized on "this," but it is
implied and is usually not explicitly needed.