[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm a novice developer at best and often work with the R statistical

How does one check small blocks of code without typing them each time,
running an entire script (with other code) or creating a small script
for every code block?

For example say lines 1-100 work fine and now I'm working on lines
101-105. Should I create a small script with just those lines?

I use IDLE currently, but others like more sophisticated editors.
But even IDLE will comment and uncomment a selected block.
Or indent or dedent such a block.

I sometimes cut and paste within the shell window or between an editor window and the shell.

If lines 1-100 run in under three seconds and have no system effects, I don't worry about rerunning them. It won't hurt the CPU;-). If the file consists of nearly all function definitions, or classes with defs, under a second is more like it. Put one or more uncommented test calls for the function being worked on at the bottom and run. and edit. and run again.

tjr