[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

I would like to copy the contents of the PythonFramework.pkg folder
and run python without having to run the installer on the Mac. On
windows it's simple to copy the contents of the python folder and the
python dll's. How can this be done on the Mac?

Thanks
Sunil

There are a few GUI tools to unpack a pkg bundle on the Mac: here's one I like:

http://www.timdoug.com/unpkg/

This will unpack the contents into a separate directory.

If you would rather do it from the command line, cd into the package bundle, find the Archive.pax.gz file, and try this command:

gzcat Archive.pax.gz | pax -r

"man pax" can tell you more about the pax command, pkg bundles, and the like.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin