Fredrik Lundh wrote:
Nigel Rantor wrote:

Throwaway comments like yours that are pithy, emotional and devoid of any factual content are just the kind of thing that makes lists such as this less useful than they could be.

Oh, please. It's a fact that Python advocacy is a lot more low-key than the advocacy of certain potentially competing technologies. It's always been that way. Too many Europeans involved, most likely.

Your opinion. We simply disagree on this point.

I'm not sure what the comment about Europeans even means though.

 > Have you read this list?
 >
 > I would suggest your comment indicates not.

This list is a Python forum. Calvin (who's a long time contributor to this forum, which you would have known if you'd actually followed the list for some time) was talking about the real world.

I did not mean in a "how long have you been here" way. I apologise. I meant in a "have you not seen how much traffic, including rabid fanboys, this list gets?"

You're right, I should have been much clearer on that point.