This report is intended for any computer programming experts who
would like to propose that their favorite programming language is the one
that should be used for the potentially important application that is being
discussed here.

I believe more scientists are happy programming in Python than Perl. Python reads like 'executable pseudocode'. It is, I believe, easier for most people to read and understand than Perl.

Rather than explain further, I suggest that you visit python.org and read some of the tutorial to see what *you* think.
http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

tjr