[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I also add the letter 'v' same as you suggested. However, I'm looking
to store this into some variable ( that variable could be be a string,
tuple or anything, Im not sure which is the suited one)

the expression gives you a string object; you'll store it in a variable in the same way as you'd store any other expression result in Python.

   version = "v%d.%d.%d.%d" % tuple(version)

but when you find yourself getting stuck on things like this, it might a good idea to take a step back and read the tutorial again:

    http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

pay special attention to the parts that discuss how variables work in Python.

if you prefer some other entry level tutorial, the following is said to be really good:

    http://www.ibiblio.org/g2swap/byteofpython/read/

</F>