Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
Hello,

In short:
In a freshly (re)started shell, I can use "import odbc" by hand. I
can't import odbc from within a script, or by hand after trying to
start such a script. Screen capture follows.

robert

================================ RESTART ================================
import odbc # <<-no error here!
================================ RESTART ================================
# script started here

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "H:\PythonProjekte\ADBExpress.py", line 1, in <module>
    import odbc
ImportError: DLL load failed: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht
gefunden.

In both shell and idle, do

 >>> import sys
 >>> print sys.prefix

Most probably these differ, and you need to install the odbc-module to the python idle uses.

By shell, he means the IDLE shell. But this is the direction to look first. In the IDLE shell (3.0) those two lines give me the Python directory, the same as the command line interpreter. When in a file that is *not* in that directory, ditto.

Bob, if you run a file that consists of the one statement 'import odbc', what happens. If that works, then something in your script (or something it calls) is fiddling with sys.path or something. Try to find a *minimal* file that exhibits the problem.

tjr