Hi,

I'm running on Linux and I'm executing a python script as a subversion
post-commit hook. I'm finding that I'm running into a lot of random issues,
and I'm guessing this has to do with my environment not being properly
setup. From what I've gathered, the environment is not setup when the script
is run from Subversion. I've setup my Shebang to look like:

#!/usr/bin/env python

and:

#!/usr/bin/python

But still it continues to fail. The 'import' statements work perfectly fine,
but when I do something like:

raise Exception( os.getlogin() )

This fails, saying that is an invalid argument (when run by Subversion),
however when I run it manually from the console it works perfectly fine. I'm
assuming that os.getlogin(), when run by Subversion, is returning "None", or
something similar, which is why this is failing. So, basically if someone
could tell me what I need to setup in my script file to make sure Python has
everything it needs to function properly I'd appreciate it. Thank you.