En Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:17:22 -0300, Vistro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribi�:

Hey, there. I've been coding in python for about three weeks now. I have
made basic games, tools to check forum PMs for me, and other general
utilities with python, but I'm now encountering problems.

I want to do that, and I have installed both sets needed from source forge,
but I always get this issue when I run the code, and there isn't a single
listing on the internet that addresses this.

****

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Documents and Settings/Guest Editor/Desktop/key.py", line 3, in
<module>
    import pythoncom
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pythoncom.py", line 2, in <module>
    import pywintypes
ImportError: No module named pywintypes

I've installed pythoncom right from the box. I don't know whats wrong, but
I'm sure it has something to do with my stupidity.

Reinstalling the pywin32 package should fix that, I presume.

BUT, here is the strangest part.

# Magic utility that "redirects" to pythoncomxx.dll
import pywintypes
pywintypes.__import_pywin32_system_module__("pythoncom", globals())

That is ALL that pythoncom.py seems to be. ALL that.

I think that it's trying to import something, THEN tell the interpreter
where it is. That seems kinda stupid.

In fact that __import_whatever function does a rather complex task, it must ensure that the *right* pywintypes25.dll (or pythoncom25.dll) is loaded, even when it's implicitely loaded.

--
Gabriel Genellina