On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 22:09:31 -0700 (PDT), John Machin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"write to a file" has connotations of updating an existing file;
>"write a file" or "create a file" are less ambiguous.

Hmm, yes, maybe you're right. Write to a file, as in, create a file
and then write to it is what I ment in the previous post.

>> Please, one more question. As you have noticed, I posted my message to
>> comp.lang.python, using a newsreader.
>
>I hadn't noticed; what makes you think so?

Oh, sorry, I thought the message header was visible somehow to you.
Well, never mind.

>Either (1) you have not looked at the messages at the link that I gave
>you or (2) your idea of "a lot of messages" every day differs wildly
>from mine. Email alternatives are (a) one message per posting (b)
>daily digest (c) none (use your web browser).

Yes, this one does seem a little better concerning the number of
messages. So I subscribed.
Sorry about this, but I remember once subscribing to some google
group, and so many messages started arriving to my mail, that it was
impossible to use that account for anything else.

Best regards
Marin