[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
I'm trying to come up with solution for adding synthetic properties to
python, similar to synthetic properties in Objective-C.

I'm playing around with doing this in a MetaClass.  I can dynamically
create the attributes that will back the property, but I'm having
trouble figuring out how to dynamically generate get/set methods to
pass to the built-in property() function.

Why on earth do you want to do that? The reason synthesized properties exist in ObjC is simply that to expose properties for key-value-coding, one needs the getter/setters. But mostly these are boilerplate, so apple introduced the @synthesized-annotation.

But in python, you don't need that. You use simple attributes. In the very moment you need logic attached, use the builtin property to do so.

Diez