Bruno Desthuilliers a écrit :
Benjamin Watine a écrit :
Hi,

I'm about to develop a small python application and I wonder how to organize files in this application.
I'm familar to java, so I'm tempted to use the same convention

http://dirtsimple.org/2004/12/python-is-not-java.html

: 1 file per class and 1 folders per package.

Don't. This is a waste of time and a pain to maintain, and more over it doesn't make any sense since Python doesn't force you to put everything in classes.

I know that packages doesn't exists in python,

Did you actually read the doc ? While Python's packages are not the same thing as Java's, they do exist.

http://docs.python.org/tut/node8.html#SECTION008400000000000000000

they are modules instead. May I create specific module for each "group of class" ?

The usual way to get cohesive modules is indeed to group closely related objects (classes, functions, etc) in a same module.

My application follow the MVC paradigm, so basically, I've a package Model, a package View, and a package Controller.

If your app is small, having _modules_ models, views and controllers should be enough.

So, what are best practices for organizing files and folders in a small python project ?

The best practice is to keep things simple, as usual.

Thank you all for your good advices and links. I'm new to python and I have yet a lot of things to learn !

Now, I would like to take a look to a well coded wxPython application. Could anybody indicate a project that I could take as reference for standard python coding style ?

Regards,

Ben