Todd Whiteman wrote:
Mark Hammond's Python/Mozilla work has enabled products like Komodo, Miro (Democracy) and the OLPC project to use Python as a major driver for consistent cross-platform GUI applications.

Personally, I believe XULRunner has a lot to offer for Python GUI development, I'm currently finishing up some documentation steps to show off how to use it specifically for Python (I'll post it to this list when it's finished).

Here is the tutorial I've started in order to show off building a Python/XULRunner GUI application.
http://pyxpcomext.mozdev.org/no_wrap/tutorials/pyxulrunner/python_xulrunner_about.html

The details in this tutorial mostly targets a Windows/Linux platform (MacOSX is possible with a few deviations, I have tried to cover these deviations where applicable).

Feedback is welcome.

Cheers,
Todd