Karl Kobata wrote:

I am new to python and am wondering. When I create a class, with ‘def’ functions and if this class is instantiated say 50 times. Does this mean that all the ‘def’ functions code within the class is duplicated for each instance?

Can someone give me a short and simple answer as to what happens in python?

Thanks

No code is duplicated. 50 "objects" are created. Each object has its own copy of the data attributes, and a reference to the (one and only) class object where the method attributes are located.

That's a short answer. Perhaps too short?

Gary Herron