On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Bruno Desthuilliers
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "view" doesn't imply (x)html - any valid HTTP response is ok. The whole
> point of decoupling controler from view (in web MVC) is to allow the same
> controler to return different views.

There is an alternative to the MVC architecture, and that is to have a
set of Resources that are used by any User Interface, be on the Web,
Desktop or Console, as long as it understands HTTP (but it doesn't
have to restrict itself to the HTTP transport).

Normally the applications I build don't use your typical MVC model
or any MVC framework (as mentioned earlier, I've used pymills). I take
the CRUX/RESTful approach and build a set of resources for my
application and SaaS. Then I build a User Interface (normally I use ExtJS)j.

cheers
James

-- "Problems are solved by method"