On Oct 28, 2008, at 6:58 PM, Steve Holden wrote:

Objects in Python *don't* have names. Period. In Python we don't
normally talk about variables anyway, except when speaking loosely, we
talk about binding names. But please don't let this start another round
of "Python programmers don't know how to describe the language". You
have already made your opinions on that score more than clear.

As have I, I suppose, and I'll try to quit engaging in that argument in the future.

l = []
l.append(l)
del l

What's the name of the list formerly known as "l"?

Hey, that's a very nice little demonstration of an orphaned object. Thanks for sharing it!

Best,
- Joe