Guilherme Polo schrieb:
On 10/29/08, Zix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,
 I am a newbie to python and trying to get a hang of some of its
 advanced features through an application I am building. Basically, I'd
 like to build a weather forecasting web service. The clients should be
 able to query the service with a location and date and get back the
 weather forecast.

 After reading a lot on the topic I've settled on the following:
 * not using any python frameworks (Django, pylons etc)
 * exposing the service through an XMLRPC API using Python 2.4.3
 (that's the python version on CentOS 5.2)

Why did you decide to "expose" a web service through xmlrpc instead of
actually exposing it by using a restful web service ?

The links pointed by the previous email should help you, but well, I'm
still surprised on this decision specially because you said you read a
lot about this topic.

What is wrong with XMLRPC? I've implemented both kind of systems, and while REST has it's strengths in a HTML-centric environment, a real RCP mechanism with built-in type marshalling known to both sides of the communication is for pure interoperability better.

Diez