Aaron Brady wrote:

Maybe I missed this part.  What does the phrase, "value of variable x"
mean in Python?

I didn't use the phrase "value of variable x" anywhere in my
definitions, so it doesn't matter what it means, or even
whether it means anything at all.

If "value of 'x'" is not defined, we should agree on a definition
that's really clear and useful, favoring useful.  After that's
established, we can proceed to evaluating what 'call by value' would
behave like, which would then determine if Python behaves like it.

There you go, getting distracted by that annoying word
"value". Forget about it, we don't need it!

--
Greg