expora wrote:
On Nov 6, 12:38 pm, Stef Mientki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Edwin wrote:
Hi there,
I've been looking for a snippet manager and found PySnippet but it
requires PyGTK. Do you know any other option that doesn't need much?
I'm sort of new to python and user interfaces seem a bit far for me
right now, that's why I thought having to install PyGTK was
unnecessary.
Would you recommend installing it anyway? I'm on a Mac, maybe some users of Steve's Unix flavour know about a
snippets software piece? I'm looking for free/open source alternatives.
Thank you! P.S.: I'm also new to usenet ;) and hope my english is not that bad.
I developed one in wxPython, you can see some of the features here.
 http://mientki.ruhosting.nl/data_www/pylab_works/pw_code_editor.html

Although it's part of a larger part it can be used standalone,
but then it requires two actions copy and paste.
Started from a python application you can do copy+paste with just one
action.
It has integrated a full blown scintilla editor,
with syntax highlighting, code completion, and syntax checker.

If there's interest, I can distribute the files as a separate package.

cheers,
Stef Mientki

Wicked!
I'm going to check it out Stef.

Is the source available? It's all about learning for me right now.
I've to extract the right libs from the larger program,
as I'm in an import crisis right now,
it may take a couple of days.
If it's not here by the end of next week,
mail be directly, because I forget a lot :-)

cheers,
Stef
Cheers!