Shao wrote:
Dear All,

I am looking for a nitty-gritty Python Ajax script to fire off a
number of processing programmes, periodically checking their
operations, sending messages back to an HTML div form by sending back
the links of generated data files, to be downloaded by end users. I am
using .NET IIS 6.0 and Windows Server.

Regards.

Shao

What you are asking requires so much more information than you have provided to actually give you an answer I doubt you will get one. This is NOT a simple task but rather quite complicated. Sounds like you need something written in Twisted that dispatches background processes and handles the callbacks from those processes. Twisted Web could then update the HTML pages that users are watching by refreshing them periodically.

-Larry