I have a function that takes a reference to a class, and then instantiates that class (and then does several other things with the new instance). This is easy enough:

   item = cls(self, **itemArgs)

where "cls" is the class reference, and itemArgs is obviously a set of keyword arguments for its __init__ method.

But now I want to generalize this to handle a set of mix-in classes. Normally you use mixins by creating a class that derives from two or more other classes, and then instantiate that custom class. But in my situation, I don't know ahead of time which mixins might be used and in what combination. So I'd like to take a list of class references, and instantiate an object that derives from all of them, dynamically.

Is this possible?  If so, how?

Thanks,
- Joe