On Nov 25, 2:59 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Quoting John Machin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > Care to elaborate on the relative unsophistication of Python
> > spreadsheet reading and writing libraries?
>
> > Cheers,
> > John
>
> Not really.
>
> But one only has to use both languages on a regular basis to realise
> that perl is well ahead on the libaray/module front.
>
> Some things in python are still pretty primitive...
>
> but I know a lot of work has gone into them... just not anywhere near
> like what you see in perl.

I'll try again: On what grounds do you assert that "Many libraries,
aren't as sophisticated - ie spreadsheet reading and writing."? What
Python spreadsheet reading and writing libraries have you used? In
what way are they less sophisticated than their perl counterparts? Do
you have any particular enhancement requests?