[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi all,

I've got a weird problem.  I was running Python 2.3 and MySQLdb and had
everything running fine.

Cutting to the chase: After upgrading to 2.4 (and latest modules) the
MySQLdb functions in Python can connect to the database, do queries and
do inserts.

Or rather, it seems to do inserts.  If I just run in the Python command
line and manually connect to the database and do an insert and then a
query on what I just inserted the info is there.

However when I use SQLyog to look at the database the info isn't there.
 When I close down Python, restart, reconnect and query the info isn't
there.

Info inserted from SQLyog is persistant.

Has anyone had any problems like this before?

thanks,

jason

I suspect you are forgetting to commit your changes to the database, so
they are being rolled back when you close your connection.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/