From: Diez B. Roggisch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 17:54
To: python-list@python.org
Subject: Re: end of print = lower productivity ?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I want my productivity back.
>
> In Python 2.x, I could easily write things like -- print "f" / print
> "add" / print "done" -- to a lot of different places in my code, which
> debugging tool it was.

I used to use print a lot. Once I found

import pdb; pdb.set_trace()

I massively lost interest in it. And gained *much* more debugging
power/productivity.

Also, using logging instead of print allows you to keep the output producing
statements in your code, while turning them on only if things get fishy.

Diez