On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 07:27:51 -0000, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Rhodri
James wrote:

Yes, it's very pretty, and you're terribly clever.  In six months' time
when you come back to make some engineering change and have to sit down
and break it back down into those simple pieces to remind yourself what
it's doing, "pretty" and "clever" will not be the words you are using.
Trust me on this one.

Considering I've been writing and maintaining and debugging code for about 30 years now, I figure I have the hard-earned right to judge what I will be
able to understand in six months and what I won't...

Huh. I can only claim 25 years, but I would still strongly discourage people
from playing that sort of game.