Terry Reedy wrote:
Robert Kern wrote:
Terry Reedy wrote:
Rasmus Fogh wrote:

Personally I would like to get these [EMAIL PROTECTED]&* misfeatures removed,

What you are calling a misfeature is an absence, not a presence that can be removed.

That's not quite true.

In what way, pray tell.  My statement still looks quite true to me.

There is an explicit policy that __eq__() methods can return non-bools for various purposes. I consider that policy to a "presence that can be removed". There is no check because that policy exists, not the other way around.

Anyways, this is really a semantic digression, and not particularly important. Peace?

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco