Ben Finney wrote:
James Stroud <jstr...@mbi.ucla.edu> writes:

Ben Finney wrote:
James Stroud <jstr...@mbi.ucla.edu> writes:

Yes. I think it was the British who decided that the apostrophe
rule for "it" would be reversed from normal usage relative to
just about every other noun.

It also seems an indefensible claim to say that anyone “decided” it
would be that way, especially “the British”.

Remember that “it” is a pronoun. I see no reversal:
Ok. Pronouns are reversed.

Or, more generally: Pronouns, which are different in just about every
other way from other nouns, are different in this way also. Is that
about right?

Can we start talking about python again?

--
James Stroud
Box 951570

http://www.jamesstroud.com