Robin Becker wrote:
Greg Ewing wrote:

Scott David Daniels wrote:

Aahz wrote:

You just can't have your cake and eat it, too.

I've always wondered about this turn of phrase. I seldom eat a cake at one sitting.

You need to recursively subdivide the cake until you have a piece small enough to fit in your input buffer. Then the atomicity of the cake-ingestion operation will become apparent.

Ok course according to Tarski we can cut the cake up so it increases in volume.
The slices have to be immeasurable, but the final volume can be almost anything.
I bet that makes cake buffering harder to plan for.

-paradoxically yrs-
Robin Becker

Not at all - we just apply the same division techniques to the buffer space until we can map the pieces of cake one-to-one onto the buffers.

stick-that-in-your-cakehole-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/