On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 5:11 PM, Dan <f...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wanted to learn python, got Mark Summerfield's new book "Programming in
> Python 3".  Having a hard time getting python 3 and IDLE working on my Mac
> with Leopard.  The mac "resources" on the python.org site seem a bit out of
> date, and don't really mention python 3.  Are there any resources out there?
> Is the python community just not interested in Macs?  I've tried googling and
> the usual search strategies.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> DAN

I used the following link when installing Python 3 on my Mac running
Leopard, it worked like a charm:

http://farmdev.com/thoughts/66/python-3-0-on-mac-os-x-alongside-2-6-2-5-etc-/

These instructions are based around installing Python 3 alongside your
existing install, which is what I was looking for.

YMMV, especially concerning IDLE, I haven't used it with 3.0 as of yet.

-Mark