Narasimhan Raghu-RBQG84 wrote:
Hi experts,
I am looking for some information on how to automate remote login to a
UNIX machine using ssh from a windows XP box.
Possible way: 1. Use putty (or any other ssh client from windows XP). -- Can be
automated with command line parameters. The problem is that I am able to
login - Putty window opens up as well. But obviously I am unable to run
any commands in that. I need to find something like a handle to that
Putty window so that I can execute commands there.
Can anyone provide me some help in achieving this ? Thanks, --
Raghu

I have been using plink (companion to putty) without any problem eg

plink app1 ls -l

where app1 is defined by putty (as a connection) and ls -l etc etc are command args. I have modified the py package's SshGateway to use plink under windows and to allow very reasonable remote python behaviour.
--
Robin Becker