TheDavidFactor wrote:
[...] It's a deamon that runs on a linux box
and every 15 seconds it checks a MySQL table for new records, if there
are any it creates a .call file on the Asterisk server using ssh, it
also checks the Asterisk server, again via ssh, for any finished calls
and if there are any it reads the .call file and writes the result in
to the MySQL table.

[...]  After it has run for an hour or so I get the error
in the subject when the ssh class tries to create a new socket. I have
double checked that it is closing the socket. I don't know what else
to check, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Is it possible you keep accumulating MySQLdb connection or cursor objects and don't close() them? (I don't know the innards of MySQLdb, but it's something to check.)

One thing you might try is to regularly log the filno() of your sockets.

--
--Bryan