Linuxguy123 wrote:
What does it take to get a PyQt4 application running on a Windows
machine ?

To run, installing Python + PyQt4 ;-)

To create a binary wrapper, I use py2exe (I also tried cx_Freeze, both work the same). There's a gotcha with PyQt4 - snippet follows:

setup(
    options = {"py2exe": {"compressed": 1,
                          "optimize": 2,
                          "includes": ["sip"],
                          "excludes": []}},
    service = [],
    com_server = [],
    console = [],
    windows = [modeler],
    )

You need to include the "sip" module manually, it's not automatically discovered.

To create an installer, I use NSIS.

I'm sorry if this is a redundant question, but I've searched this and I
am not finding a comprehensive answer.

If anyone is running a PyQt4 application on a Windows (XP or Vista)
machine, I'd love to know how it works for you

It works fine in a test setup. I didn't pursue this any further at the moment, because for the project in question we decided to deploy on MacOS X first and delay the Windows version.

and how extensive the application is and how much of the Qt library it uses.

The application is currently 1200 LOC, 200 of which are autogenerated from Qt designer files. The final application will probably be about three times as large.

It's a modeler application and I most of the code is thus centered around QGraphicsScene and two custom QGraphicsItems - one for nodes, one for edges. It's been a real pleasure that I get most functionality for the modeling app for free with (Py)Qt.

-- Gerhard