K-Dawg wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to write a python script that I can run to prevent a timeout of webpage. I have to use a system at work that keeps track of issues. I use this a couple of time an hour and it times out after 10 minutes. The system is really crummy and it rejects your username and password about 30-40 times before it takes it. It is supposed to integrate with Active Directory and I don't think it does it very well.

So I have this open in Internet Explorer (its all in asp.net <http://asp.net> so it does not work in any other browser). I was hoping to have something simple like:

#c:\Python25\python

import urllib
import urllib2
import time

while True:
result = urllib.urlopen("the_URL <http://sdeprod.brunswick.com/SDE/blank.aspx>")
 print "Retrieved Page"
 time.sleep(300)

But this is not working.... The code on the page uses a hidden iFrame that has a javascript file that monitors the time and intiates the timeout. The src of the hidden iFrame is what I keep trying to grab.

It is still timing out in IE. Once it times out in IE I get an error in my script saying:

IOError:  [Errno socket error] (10060, 'Operation timed out')

The system is terrible but I am stuck with it. If it doesn't kick me out, at least its bearable...

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Have you looked at mechanize?

http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/