On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:13:03 -0000, Xah Lee <xah...@gmail.com> wrote:

Rhodri James wrote:
I recommend spending less time being certain that you are correct
without seeking evidence

I don't concur.

For instance, when you are talking to a bunch of kids, you have to be
sure of yourself, else they run all over you, even if they didn't mean
to be rude.

So you would rather give the appearance of authority than do the work
to actually have authority?  This is very poor teaching practice.

Also, one's demeanor must commensurate one's knowledge. If i pamper
you, you might think i'm a whimp, and run on with your opinions and
thoughts unbridled, which, can be considered as a miscommunication on
my part.

As it is, I think your demeanor wildly outstrips your knowledge,
something you have just confirmed.  This attitude makes you a highly
unreliable source of information.

*plonk*