Alex van der Spek wrote:
Simple Python programs edited and run through IDLE work fine on my Ubuntu Linux system without any editing.

However on my Asus EEE PC IDLE complains about incorrect formatting (indentation) or possibly mixing tabs/spaces. The source code is exactly the same. There is no incorrect formatting and certainly no use of tabs.

I created the program on my EEE, was unable to find anything wrong with it and decided to test it on my desktop. I was amazed that it runs fine there.

Can anyone explain this? I use the full desktop Xandros OS on the EEE. I downloaded IDLE from the Debian repositories.

If it's not tabs, then is it line endings?