On 2009-01-26 19:53, Vincent Davis wrote:
I do have numpy but am using lists as did not need any functions of
array. Well maybe print now. I am new to python and don't really know
the details about the difference between lists and arrays. I do know
that there are different/additional functions available for arrays.

Python lists are one-dimensional, appendable sequences of heterogeneous Python objects. numpy arrays are multi-dimensional, non-appendable containers usually of homogeneously-typed numerical data (but can also contain heterogeneous Python objects, too). numpy arrays have many conveniences over lists of lists if you need to do math on bunches of numbers.

Anyway is this the best solution, convert the list to an array before
printing?

I wouldn't use numpy *just* for this, but I suspect that you could actually use numpy for other things if you are actually using your lists of lists as matrices.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco