On 2009-01-27 03:09, Johan Ekh wrote:
Thanks,
James I will try your suggestion!
Robert, what mean with "interactively" is that i would like to create an
array in the ipython shell, e.g. with m_i = array([1.0, 2.0, 3.0]) or
by reading a file with values etc., and then execute my program with
"myprog -m m_i" and thus pass the array "m_i" to my program.

This is just an example. I would like to pass several arrays. My program
will be wrapped inside a loop and the arrays are updated
in each loop.

I have never heard of the "argparse" library. Do you think that it would
be better to use that in my case?

No. Basically, no command line parser is going to work like you want. If you want to run something from IPython using the objects in your IPython session, you should make a module instead of a program. Import your module, and call its functions. Then you can pass whatever objects you like.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco