Michael Kearns wrote:
I would guess from the responses so far that Python 2.4 just isn't used within commercially shipping products, or is quietly used by an product so as not to incur any legal wrath that might be found. Perhaps it isn't quite ready for what I want to achieve. I don't know.

I just know that I am spending the rest of the day migrating back to 2.3 where I will stay.
The switch to 2.4+msvc7.1 has been a success for MS as many developers now require both 6 & 7 to provide full coverage. Of course this wasn't a pythonic choice, but MS certainly encouraged the move by delivering free SDKs to key people. It's not really MS's fault; they want to advance and get revenue like everyone else; python has to follow or end up on a dying platform.

People have mentioned the older v6 build scripts/tools still work. Last time I tried they seemed a bit out of date.

-wondering where my paper tape editor is-ly yrs-
Robin Becker